SERVICE/INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIES 2015-2016:
1) Fall Internship with Livable Communities & the Public Private Partnership
Students are wanted to assist the Public Private Partnership, Livable Communities, and the Westchester Alliance to build a portfolio of older adult photos in Livable Communities and other intergenerational settings across Westchester County. Colette Phipps, LMSW, Executive Director of Livable Communities, will supervise at the DSPS Offices, 9 South First Avenue, 10th floor, Mt Vernon, NY 10550. Mileage reimbursement is available, but transportation will be the student’s responsibility.
This is an invaluable opportunity for students interested in the field of aging to build a photo portfolio for school or to fulfill service learning requirements, while helping to chronicle the activities of community participants in print and online. Students will receive full publication credit for their work.
2) VitalCare — Paid Fall Internship 2015
As part of the countywide TIPS initiative, VitalCare is hiring and training summer interns to take vital signs. This opportunity is for students of any major, especially those who are bilingual in Spanish.
Informational Seminar and Interviews Event will be held on Wednesday, May 20th at 9AM in White Plains. All who submit resumes will receive an invitation to the event.
3) The Westchester County Department of Senior Programs and Services — Paid Fall Internship 2015
Telehealth Intervention Programs for Seniors (TIPS) delivers health related services and information via telecommunication technology. Social programs such as care coaching and caregiver circles are also part of the service program. The use of students as technicians offers an intergenerational approach. The interaction in a community setting and the other service offerings available make this program unique in the healthcare field. Requires the TIPS Intern to travel to multiple congregate living sites.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Travel to assigned Westchester program sites
- Provide information to participants about Department of the Senior Programs and Service Programs
- Administer assessments including: intake and benefits check-up
- Provide supportive contacts to participants when appropriate
- Attend all trainings including HIPAA certification
- Complete required paperwork as instructed
- Adhere to policy and procedure
- Attend weekly case exchange meeting
- Strong communications skills
- Must have his/her own vehicle
- Social Work experience or Social Work Major preferred
Deadline for applications for summer and fall: September 1, 2015.
Email resume and cover letter, plus any questions to: Jennifer Schwartz, Assistant Administrator TIPS and Livable Communities Programs, WCDSPS, firstname.lastname@example.org
4) Manhattanville College